A water repellent clear coat, Gator Hide is super tough, just as its name implies!
This water-based poly-acrylic is designed for high traffic areas such as cabinets, counter tops, tabletops and outdoor furniture!
To use Gator Hide:
- Allow your finished piece to completely dry.
- STIR Gatorhide very well. Do not shake as it creates air bubbles in the product.
- Apply with our Blue Gatorhide Sponge or a synthetic brush in long, smooth strokes
- Do not overwork this product. What you miss on the first pass you will catch on the next 2
- Let it dry 2 hours and repeat this up to 3 thin layers to get a water repellent finish!
- On dark surfaces, add a few drops of your paint color to the Gatorhide and stir well. This will eliminate streaking.
- Can be buffed between coats with 0000 steel wool