Product Instructions - Problem Solvers
- Stains on project – water marks, sharpie, etc.
- Odors in wood – musty, cat odor, nicotine, etc.
- Bleed through probability – mahogany, cherry, honey oak, pine with knots & other woods are full of tannins (oils) that will bleed out of the wood and into your project unless the oil is sealed into the wood.
B.O.S.S. blocks odors, stains and stops bleed-through
Available in 8 oz, 16 oz and 32 oz containers
Available in clear, white and gray.
- Clean piece with White Lightening, rinse, let dry.
- Apply one coat of B.O.S.S. to entire piece with a chip brush
- Clear if you plan to distress project, white if no distressing, gray if wood is reddish or if you’re going from dark wood to a light color (acts as transition color).
- Allow to dry 2-3 hours
- Apply paint as usual & complete project
Shiny, slick surfaces such as laminate (think IKEA), formica, marble, glass, metal, lacquered furniture pieces, tile.
SLICK STICK provides a surface between the shiny, slick and your paint so the paint will adhere to your project.
Available in 8 oz, 16 oz and 32 oz.
- Clean with White Lightening, rinse well, let dry.
- Apply one coat of Slick Stick to entire project using a throw-away chip brush. Let dry 2 hours.
- Scratch surface lightly with fingernail. If product adheres, begin to paint.
- If product did not pass scratch test, apply a 2nd coat of Slick Stick and allow to dry 24 hours.
- Do NOT wash product down the drain. Throw your brush away.
- Paint as normal at this point using a fresh brush of your choice.
NOTE: All items in blue are available in our booth or on our website.