Product Instructions - Patina Paint & Paint Spray
- Clean surface with White Lightning or warm soap and water, then rinse.
- Base Coat
- If surface is anything other than metal, apply a coat of Dixie Belle Paint, let dry.
- If surface is metal, apply a coat of Prime Start.
Prime Start contains an acid blocker to stop the rust/patina from “eating” through the Patina Paint and degrading the metal.
- Apply Patina Paint
- SHAKE WELL! Patina Paint is chock full of ground metal, which will sink to the bottom. Shaking is a MUST & for added measure I also stir from bottom to top.
- Using your brush of choice, apply one coat of Patina Paint, let dry. The initial coat will be thin, that’s OK, don’t panic J
- Once the first coat is dry, apply a second coat of Patina Paint.
- Apply Patina Spray
- While 2nd coat of Patina Paint is STILL WET, spray a misting of Patina Spray or apply Patina Spray liquid with a cloth or trimmed chip brush for more control.
- Sit back and watch the magic!! It can take 2-6 hours to reach full effect.
No sealing necessary. Sometime surfaces will have that “chalky” feel and the patina rubs off. To stop this, after everything completely dry, run a damp rag over the surface and let dry.
Use the Green Spray with Iron Paint to produce rusty effect. Either blue or green spray will work fine with copper and bronze. Suggestion: start small and add more patina if project needs it.
NOTE: All items in blue are available in our booth or on our website.